Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lego Valentine Box

Come on...you knew it would either be Star Wars or Lego.
 
Last year was Heart Vader and so this year we went Lego.
 
Using your everyday Nike shoebox, we covered them with wrapping paper.  If I were to do it again, I'd go for more durable/thicker wrapping paper/butcher paper.  We used gift wrap paper we bought at Target.  It's great for the color, but pretty flimsy.
 
Then the boys traced out circles on a cardboard box using the inside of a used ribbon holder.  It was the perfect size. If we had planned ahead at all, I would have started collecting large bottle caps like the ones on Gatorade or the like.
 
They cut out a few of the cardboard circles and I cut out the rest.  We cut out 32 in all.  Because we were covering the sides with paper, we put a circle on the bottom, some scrap cardboard in the middle and another circle on top.  This helped give it more height with out the added trouble of cutting out 16 more circles.  We covered the circles with more paper and glued them to the top of the box.
 
  I printed out the boys' names on the cricut and they glued them on themselves.  Full disclosure...normal everyday elmers glue doesn't stick so well to the glossy paper.  By the time we got to school, JACK was missing the C.  Another reason I'd go with sturdier paper next time.
 
All in all a quick and easy Valentine project.
Wonder what we'll do next year?
 
Smiles!!
 
Will share these Lego Valentine Boxes with the parties in the sidebar >

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Super cute! :)

Brenda
ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

Marie bloominghomestead said...

What an adorable idea! My son would love this!

Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand said...

Super cute! I'd love for you to join in on my first linky party...ya, ya...I'm behind the times a bit.

Jessica
myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

Linda Porterfield said...

Really cute idea! I think I would go an easier route and glue the circles on and just spray paint the whole thing.

renata Carnagey said...

I made this today for my 6 year old he loves it but I did not have any of the thinks that are suggested so I raped mason jar canning lids worked great

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails