Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Framed Photo Confetti


I just love Darcy Miller from Martha Stewart Weddings. She is so talented and clever! I happened to see the episode where she was sharing
her scrapboxes with Martha. SO AMAZING!!!
One in particular caught me eye...The Framed Photo Confetti Box.
Well I didn't have any photo confetti, but I have lots of pictures and a photo printer. I didn't do a step-by-step of this as I wasn't blogging yet, but will do one as I'm going to recreate the above picture for both of my brothers. (Not really worried about spoiling the surprise for them...they're not exactly craft/food blog followers! )
Basically, this is what I did:
I made a file folder on my computer with a special label just for these pictures.
Then I went through folders I had already created for each of my family members, copying the pictures of them that I wanted to use and transferring them to the above mentioned folder. (I tried to be sure there were an equal number of pictures of all the siblings...if you have children, you know how this goes...lots of pictures of first child, some of 2nd child and, well, the 3rd child has the fewest.) This one has 120 pictures. I took each picture, transferred it to a Print Shop program, cropped and resized to about 7/8" square.
The page was full of tiny black & white photos of my sweet family.
Then I made my own "confetti" by punching out each picture with a 3/4 circle punch. On a 12 x 12 piece of heavy white cardstock, I lightly lined out a grid in pencil. I erased the lines except for the "+" where the lines intersected. With mini glue dots I randomly added each photo. I also created a little label that I also printed with the photo that said "Earley Family, Est. 1959" I added it to the left corner, close to a picture of my paretns at their wedding. Since I didn't have any scrapboxes or shadow boxes on hand, I used a 12 X 12 frame I got 1/2 off at hobby lobby. It worked great!
I made this for my parents as a late 51st Wedding Anniversary gift. They seemed to really like it!
I can't wait to make more!!

My first attemt to link to one of these...bear with me if I make a mess of it...
All Thingz Related Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!UndertheTableandDreamingSumo Sweet StuffMaking Show and Tell Greenlinkpartygiveaways

Beyond The Picket Fence

Follow Me on Pinterest

32 comments:

Carrie said...

Love this idea. What a great gift!The black and white is so striking in that big black frame. Thanks for the positive comment you left me on my blog...you made my day!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

thanks for visiting our blog...

and can i just say i love this idea! it has the wheels turning in this little brain of mine! :)

Suzanne said...

How fun to just stand and admire picture frames with stories! Thanks for sharing!!

KimMalk said...

This is so cute. You get a lot of pictures in a confined space. It makes it's own "art" piece. Well done.

sportzmom said...

This is so awesome! I am going to do this soon! Thanks for sharing!

Jan said...

What a wonderful idea for displaying many photos!

Jill said...

What I great idea. I love that they're all black and white, makes choosing photos a lot easier I bet!

Amber D said...

This is rockin, I'm going to use it to display our recent Canada trip I think...or maybe the wedding. So many options!

Unknown said...

Really, really cool. Great project.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love this idea! So creative and an amazing piece of wall art! Fantastic job! I'll be featuring this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Beth said...

Really great idea, it turned out so beautiful!

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is AMAZIMG. My nephew and niece had confetti thrown on all of the tables at their wedding and the confetti had different pictures of them. It was so cute.
Congrats on your feature. I was featured too.
Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

Unknown said...

I love this! This would make an awesome 50th anniversary gift if you could get hold of 50 pictures (one for each year that the couple was married). Thanks so much for sharing & congrats on your Under the Table and Dreaming feature! Well deserved.

Becky said...

Great job! I bet that it took a long time to gather and resize all of those photos. Amazing. Congrats on the feature at under the table.

girlfrugal said...

That's such a cool idea. I love how it turned out!

Jami said...

Thanks everyone, for such nice words! You've made my day/week!
Smiles!

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Okay, now that is UBER cool! It literally makes you want to walk up to it and look at all the pictures! I love the black and white, but I've seen a paper butterfly collection done in a similar way and I wonder what it would look like done with photos like yours? I am totally inspired! Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link. I would love it if you would come join my link party sometime!

Christi said...

LOVE this! Have ideas for 2 of them already - thanks for sharing!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Love this gift idea. I am hosting a month long Christmas in July homemade gifts event and every friday this month I am doing a linky party.

I would love if you came and linked this up to my party.

Hope to see you there.

Just Another Day in Paradise

mle said...

Hi Jami! I've seen picture mosaics but your confetti pic is such a great idea - I LOVE it!!

Nicholette said...

That's so different! Thanks so much for sharing it, I love it!

jen @ homeinthecountry said...

Wow! This is such a super-cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i love this! i've included this in my weekly inspiration roundup, blogged here:
http://www.camilledawn.com/2010/07/tuesday-tumblr-5.html

i can't wait to put together one for us, which I'm sure will lead to quite a few more for gifts. thank you so much for the inspiration!

Erin said...

What a neat idea! I'm such a sucker for photos and as I have a HUGE extended family, this is a project I'm going to have to do. Thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

I absolutely love this idea! Now I'm trying to think whose birthday is coming up next so I can make one! Or maybe I'll save the idea for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

Legacy of Love said...

Wonderful idea for those with lots of photos to play with.
God Bless

CRS said...

I stumbled on this post, since I was looking for how to make my own photo confetti. Not only did I find great directions for what I sought, but I also found a WONDERFUL craft project. It looks great, and what an awesome idea!!

CRS said...

Ok, now I'm seriously looking to do this craft. Can you please tell me how to size the different pictures so they are all about the same size? I don't mean the pictures themselves, but instead the people in the pictures? Surely they weren't all taken at the same distance to the camera?

Jennifer said...

You did great! What a wonderful gift idea :) I am your newest Google Friend. Are you on twitter?

Jen
www.dishesandsocks.com

Decorating the Ville said...

I LOVE this idea! I am going to have to scraplift it for sure! I am working on a Martha Stewart Family Tree right now - she made it sound so simple and it has NOT been! Hopefully I will have it finished in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing!

Rhonda said...

I love this idea. You just solved one of my Christmas problems, what to get my mother-in-law. This idea is genius! Thanks for sharing.
Rhonda
http://obsessiivelyandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/07/at-beach.html

patialalegitimate said...

DO YOU NEED A LOAN? patialalegitimate515@gmail.com
We give out loans with an affordable interest rate of 2% Captain One provide Excellent and Professional
Financial Services and we are known and genuine money lenders across the globe
Our services include the following:
*Student Loans
Truck Loan
Personal Loan
Debt consolidation loan
Car Loans
Business Loan
Student Loan
Mortgage Loan
Refinancing Loan
Home Loan
Improvement loan
Construction Loan
Looking forward to receive your reply and I will advise you on how to get the fund to your bank account and interest rate will also be discuss before both parties will sign the Loan Contract Agreement.contact us no matter your location no collateral for more information on how to get started: (Whats App) number: +919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails