Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, February 22, 2010

MORE CAKE BALLS!!!!

So I took some red velvet cake balls to a friends birthday party. I've got to tell you, I'm even shocked at how good they are for WHAT they are!! Here is the recipe for all of those sweet, new friends that want to try it themselves!

1 box of cake mix (I use Duncan Hines Red Velvet,) prepared according to directions (I bake mine in a 9 x 13 pan)
1 can of cream cheese frosting (I used Betty Crocker)
1 lb of candy melts (found at Hobby Lobby)

After cake has completely cooled, cut into large chunks and put into food processor. Process until a fine crumb. I usually do this in about 3 batches. Then mix in 3/4 can of frosting. Combine completely. Follow the steps illustrated below. If you have any problems, call me! Enjoy!! Here are the finished cakes balls...so pretty!!

This is how the cake/frosting mixture looks after being mixed together. Note you don't see any white cream cheese frosting. Using a scoop helps keep your hands cleaner and the balls more uniform in size.

Rolls the balls and place on a cookie sheet topped with wax paper or parchment paper. Place in the freezer for an hour or more to make dipping easier.


I used the white candy melts from Hobby Lobby. Melt in double broiler or place glass bowl on top of large sauce pan of boiling water.


The way I found to make them look the smoothest and cover all sides was to dip them twice. First dip them down as far as you can without getting the candy on your fingers. Hold them up until they start to set, then place on cookie sheet. To make a perfectly round ball, hold it until it sets before placing on sheet. It is easier to dip the other side, though, if you have a little bit of a "rim" to hold on to.

Then go back and dip the other side. Give it a generous coating and it will coat not only the top part, but also the part you've already dipped, giving it a nice smooth finish.



At this point, add any decoration you'd like (sprinkles, nonpareils, candies, etc.)



If you are going to add more candy coating, let it set up first.
Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

LillyB said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am going to try to make these and take them to my church funtion this weekend for the 4th of July celebreation!!
Happy 4th!!
Lilly

Haley said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm giving in a try right now! I'll be sure to give you credit when I blog about my attempt later this week. :)

Unknown said...

These are fabulous!

Rachel @the house redeemed said...

I just noticed that Starbucks is selling these they call them cake pops. I haven't made any yet, but I can't wait to try them :) I just became your 350th follower :) I can't wait to look around your blog!!

Christine @ sugarandtrash.com said...

these look soooo good! thanks for the tute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails