Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Black Bean, Farro & Corn Summer Salad

One of the things I love about spending time out at my brother's ranch is the super abundance of fresh produce.  It just makes me want to eat healthy.  So, with fresh corn, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, avocados, black beans and farro in hand, I went in search of something to make.  I came across this recipe at Cook Smarts.  Below is my version of their salad.  It is DELISH!!!
 
Black Bean, Farro & Corn Summer Salad
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of farro, cooked (1/3 cup uncooked)
fresh corn kernels, trimmed from 3 cobs, cooked for about 2 minutes in the microwave
1 cup of sliced grape tomatoes
1 avocado, rough chopped, sprinkled with lemon juice
3 green onions, thinly chopped
Chopped fresh cilantro or basil to taste
3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (I used Newman's Own)
Salt & Pepper to taste
 
Combine above ingredients.  Chill or serve at room temperature.
 
Enjoy!
Smiles!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails