Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Painted Sheriff's Star

I did these (there are actually two) for the boys' cowboy bedroom. The inspiration came from a photo I saw in a catalog (I think it was Land of Nod.) Its just freehanded, would probably look lots better (especially the lettering) if I would have taken the time to trace some letters. It was just a major accomplishment to get them painted! Besides putting their names on the stars, I also wrote their Bible verse around the edges of the canvas. (Someday I'll add photos of the nursery and the OFF THE CHARTS mural my m-i-l did...it also includes their Bible verses...very sweet!)
Linked to:

All Thingz Related
giveaways
PS...Maryann sent me a sweet email and said she was going to feature me on this week's paint party!  Thank you so much Maryann...I'm honored!!

9 comments:

cherry said...

These are really cute and I love your photo confetti!
Happy 4th to you and yours!
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

That is so cute! And I really love the Bible verse around the sides!

Debbie said...

Awwww...I love this! great job. adding the Bible verse makes it so special.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

ADORABLE! I could see this in my son's cowboy room! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

I am amazed that you did that free hand. I love it!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Impressive! That are so cute & I love the verses around the edge. I'm featuring your art in the PoPP Spotlight on Saturday.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

This is adorable! I am a new follower! love your blog....

★All Thingz Related★ said...

WOW this is really great! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related #14! ~Bridgette

Suzanne said...

This is really adorable! I had a friend do something similar- I love the freehand of the name- very personal!!
The bible verse is Awesome---Keep up the great work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails