Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Friday, August 12, 2011

Kitchen Tip - Buttering Corn

My friend and I were making dinner for our kiddos the other evening
when I saw this great idea for buttering corn!

Put a stick of butter on a piece of bread...this keeps it from sliding around.

(Didn't realize she was doing this untill she had already started..thus the half mushed butter and bread! Forgive the pic!)



Then simply roll corn in butter.

Is this clever or what?!?
If I remember correctly she picked this tip up from her brother-in-law who was one of five kids.  She said they would fight over the buttered bread once all of the corn had been coated.

Let me know if you give this a try!

Smiles!

Linking to some of the great parties on my side bar!

4 comments:

Venassa said...

Where was this post yesterday when I had corn for supper! Haha I will definitely be using this idea at some point.

Stephani said...

That's a great way not to waste that last little bit of butter. I always end up throwing it away... Thanks for a great idea!

The Partiologist said...

I was raised on a farm and always had fresh sweet corn from the field. We always buttered our corn this way, but didn't use the bread! What a great idea! Thanks for the memories!

Kay Little said...

great tip...thanks for sharing! Blesings, K

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails