Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Banner

This weekend a friend's husband had a surprise 39 1/2 birthday party for her (he knew she would be expecting one for her 40th, but not for her 39 1/2!)  Two other friends were is charge of coordinating everything, and I was in charge of the cake.  I also offered to make a banner.  I've been wanting to try the paper banners that I've been seeing around blogville.  It takes a little longer than one might think.

I used three different patterns of gray paper.  You can get 3 "triangles" out of each 12 x 12 piece of paper.  My cricut came in very handy for all of the letters and scalloped circles.  I used black & silver glitter papers for the letters, cutting them from the "Storybook" cartridge.  Pink crepe paper was added to the back of the zebra scalloped circles using hot glue.  Hot glue was used again to affix the rosettes to the triangles.  The holes were punched with a 3/4 " hole punch.  The cute ribbon was a find at Hobby Lobby.  The pink crepe rosettes were highlighted with silver and pink glitter...all in all very girly and festive.  Next time I would use a pink scallop circle behind the lettering as the zebra stripes make it difficult to read.
Happy 1/2 Birthday My Friend!!


Don't forget to come back October 3rd thru October 9th for the Pretty Packages Party!

The Blackberry Vine




The Girl Creative
Sumo Sweet StuffKeeping It Simplemmm button

Making


BWS tips button



9 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Whoa! I LOVE it!! One of the best banners that I have seen! Good job.

Entertaining Women said...

I know why it took so long....my sweet perfectionist! Great job....this is darling! Cherry Kay

suzanne said...

My Daughters Birthday is this weekend and I want to know how you made the pink rosettes--- love them! We are creating a birthday banner and those would be a darling addition!!

Christy said...

Awww! I want one of those too!

AmericKim said...

Beautiful! Visiting from Motivate me Mondays!

Sandy Ang said...

What a pretty banner !

Diane said...

Very pretty banner. I love it Ü

Katie said...

Pink and Zebra!!! Well it doesn't get any better than that, really lovely banner. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

malia said...

this is special and lovely.. i am into banners/bunting/pendants and this is one of my favs
(-:
malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails