Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Old School Sack Lunch - PTA Hospitality


This year I plan on sharing some fresh ideas for your elementary PTA hospitality team.
If you are involved with PTA (I highly encourage you to get involved if you have children in school,) you know that most of the budget is spent on programs and items for the school.  We also know that a happy teacher = a happy school.  Hospitality is an important team that has to be creative, often counting on donations and time from the parents at our school.
This year we had about $4 to spend per gift on the 70 teachers & staff at our school.  I started brainstorming ideas, then went to different sites that sell promotional corporate items.
At this site, I found these insulated lunch bags on sale.  The minimum order was 100 but it worked out perfectly as we had a plan for the extra 30 (more on that later in the year!)  It also worked out well  that they only had the navy bags left (our colors are blue and yellow.)
They printed them and shipped them in a timely manner so I was able to get them to the teachers the first week of school.
Now, I don't know about you, but I have a hard time giving someone an empty bag.  There was a little money left in my budget so I priced out some food ideas and came up with an old fashioned peanut butter lunch.  (The teachers' lunches were actually made with white bread, but I didn't want to use one of theirs for the photo op!)  The cookies were fresh baked but from refrigerated cookie dough (it was the most cost effective way.)  I used the small cellophane treat bags from Hobby Lobby to wrap them.  A drink and a banana rounded out the meal.
 
 
 Our theme this year is an old school, vintage schoolhouse theme.
I made these tags to tie on the bags.  The back's were labelled with each teacher's/staff's name.  If you need a label, CLICK HERE for your own free printable.
 
 .
 
Oh, I almost forgot.  The bananas got a little label, too!  It says, "We're bananas for Carroll!"  The monkey graphic comes from The Graphics Fairy CLICK HERE for the link to the monkey.  Not sure if any of the teachers or staff saw them or not, but I know they were there!
 
If you have any fun, cheap, cute, wonderful ideas for PTA Hospitality, I would love to hear them!
 
Smiles!!!

Sharing with some of the awesome parties found in the sidebar!

1 comment:

Homemade Heather said...

Thanks for linking up ~ featuring this idea tomorrow!
xo
Heather

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails