Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spy Cake for Grown-ups


This was a cake for a surprise spy party for a new friend's husband.
Her playing card invitations let everyone know it was a secret 007 party!
The husband loves chocolate so the bomb is a chocolate velvet cake with a chocolate fudge & chocolate buttercream filling.
The base of the cake was a chocolate velvet layer sandwiched between two butter cake layers with choclate fuge and chocolate buttercream filling.
As always, I only used real French buttercream...yummy!

***Updated***
I had a few ask about the size of the cake.  The bottom is three 8" square cake layers and the bomb is 6".
Also, I have several other posts of the SPY PARTY we did for my son as well as his cake...click
and
for more inspiration!

Smiles!

May share this cake with some of the fun parties in the side bar >

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just out of curiosity, how big is this cake? By the way, I LIKE THE BOMB!!! :D

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Yummmm and really clever! I was curious about the size too AND....I want to know more about the 007 theme. Our family is big on theme parties and that sounds like a good one!

Unknown said...

Just organising a spy party for my soon to be 10 year old, great inspiration!

Julie, RN said...

Cute! I did a similar cake for my son's 9th b-day....I made the bomb as a big Rice Krispie Treat that I covered with icing (light weight to sit on top of cake) and I decorated the cake to look like a briefcase.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails