Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chocolate-Espresso Pots de Creme

This little recipe,  from the Southern Living's Big Book of Christmas, was a last minute addition to our holiday menu.  I'm so glad I gave it a try!  It's easy, quick, rich, creamy and delicious!  All of the things I love in a recipe!
 A little goes a long way so consider serving it in demitasse cups instead of ramekins.

2 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup brandy
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into chunks (I used Ghiradelli, SL suggests Scharffen Berger)
Garnishes: Unsweetened whipped cream, fresh berries, lavendar

Whisk together first 6 ingredients in top of a double broiler, add chocolate.  (I confess, I did this in a large sauce pot instead of a double broiler...I NEVER stopped stirring nor did I take my eye off of it.  If you use a double broiler you do not have to worry about the chocolate burning.)  Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, whisking constantly, 24 minutes or until mixture reaches 160 degrees (mixture will thicken to the consistency of chowder.) 
Remove from heat.  Spoon chocolate into demitasse cups, chocolate pots, or 4- or 6- ounce ramekins.  Cover and chill at least 4 hours.  Garnish, if desired.  Yield 6 to 8 servings.

Smiles!

May share this yummy recipe with some of the blog parties in the side bar =>

7 comments:

Simply Simplisticated said...

Youve just made me SO happy as this is one of my FAVORITE deserts ever!Will be making this tonight:)Deidre~

Teena said...

wow...awesome ! Glad to follow ur lovely blog :)

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Oh! That looks yummy!

Domesblissity said...

Yummo. These look delicious. I'd love for you to link up to my new "Thriving on Thursdays" linky party here in Australia every week. My blog features recipes, crafts, decorating, organising and decluttering advice and tips. I know everyone in Australia would love to read this blog post.

Thanking you,
Anne @ Domesblissity xx

Adams Smith said...

I really appreciate the research you put into it… I likie chocolate.
Photo mugs

Adams Smith said...

As usual i am searching some useful information, immediately i found this post and gain some useful information great work such a great brain to use.
promotional products

Antoine Michael said...

تتميز القاهرة إلى جانب احتوائها دليل المولات على أجمل الأسواق التي اشهر مولات السعودية تعتبر مقصدا مهما للسياح اشهر أسواق السعودية تمتلك القاهرة مجموعة ضمة من المولات التجارية اشهر مولات الامارات ومراكز التسوق التي تجعل من اشهر أسواق الامارت رحلة السياحة في القاهرة فرصة لا تعوض .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails