Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Flasks for Friends

Spoiler Alert!
If you are one of my friends that happens to live out of town...skip this post!
(That includes you...Plano resident!)
Thank you!
Now...look what they're getting for Christmas...
FLASKS!
My friend and I saw some super cute decorated flasks when we were out shopping a few weeks ago and decided we would like to try to make our own.
Said friend gets online within hours and buys flasks and finds a tutorial.
She explains how its done and she got to work.
Now, it's been 4 weeks or more and I just got started on mine.

Zebra with beaded heart...

Lime leopard with rhinestones and brown eyelash fringe...

Happy Flask....

Star Wars Flask with Darth Vader & rhinestones and...

Large beaded heart flask.

My friend bought the flasks online and we split the cost...want to say they were about $6 each.  These little flasks are only 4 oz.  Somewhere online (not sure where as I never saw the tutorial, but I'm sure you can Google it,) my friend read that you should varnish the paper BEFORE putting it on the flask.  I varnished both sides then added varnish to the flask and attached the paper.  All that's left is to decorate them!  Large rhinestones and beaded flower centers found at the craft store top the lids (I used super glue and E6000.)  The beads are attached using gem & glitter glue...I drew the design then added the beads as if they were glitter.  Tacky Glue was used to attach the ribbon and fringe.
Oh, and by the way, neither my friends nor myself are a bunch of lushes (well, ok, one of them is, but she's wonderful just the same!!!)
I doubt the flasks will ever be used.  They were just cute and something different.
Which is YOUR favorite?
Smiles!

May share these fun gifts at some of the fun parties found in my sidebar =>

7 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Jami, these are so cute! Even if they are never used, they would be pretty just sitting on a bar, tabletop, or in a hutch. I love the zebra stripe with the fringe! Adorable!

Feral Turtle said...

Great idea. I agree with Shenita, they would look pretty on a bar. I must say that your friends will be happy with these beautiful little gems!

Youaretalkingtoomuch.com said...

This is too cute! I found you through Brookes party at "Get Outta My Head". I am one of her Monday party gals! Head on over to my party! My readers would LOVE to meet you! Love, Me http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2011/12/meet-me-monday-14.html

Rose and Heather said...

I know some one who would love these! good idea. If you get the time come and linkt this and any outher things you have up to my linky party Crafty Lassie Tuseday http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/crafty-lassie-tuesday-link-party-16_05.html
Thanks Rose

Rosie said...

These are an awesome gift idea and a definite future make. I would love it if you would come and share this at my Christmas link up this week.

http://twelvecraftsofchristmas.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-link-part-no4.html

Hope to see you there,

Rosie x

Crafty Mischief said...

These are great! My husband would love the Star Wars!

Patti MacLeith said...

Hi! I love this idea for a fun gift. Do you mean VARNISH like from the hardware store? Are these flasks metal? Thanks!
patimac1980@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails