Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Take Charge! (of your tablescape!)


Just wanted to quickly share with you these fabulous chargers!
Aren't they the yummiest?!?!

Peridot metallic green...gorgeous on the fabulous pink matelasse tablecloth from my MIL.

Just wanted you to have a better view...this is AFTER Easter brunch.

These gorgeous chargers started out as the everday low price gold chargers found at Hobby Lobby...$1.99 each.  (I know...that one is silver...duh...used the gold ones for the chargers.) 
A few different options to create green chargers went through my head...Mod Podge some quatrefoil patterned green fabric or possibly even scrapbook paper.  I also thought that maybe that Metallic Peridot paint might work to highlight the Mod Podge plates that never were.  Started to get ready to cut out fabric and glue, but after thinking it out (messy, time consuming, little wiggle room for error,) I decided to just paint them all with the metallic paint.  No good.  The paint offers very little coverage. 

 Then, the lighbulb went off...start with green chargers.  Ran to my trusty Home Depot, scored a can of this FABULOUS Painters Touch spray satin paint in Eden, threw on about a coat & a half of paint and waited for it to try (about 29 minutes.)  
Then, with a simple foam brush and the FolkArt Metallic Peridot paint, I just coated the entire surface of the painted chargers.

  It is CRA-ZEEE how cute these are.
My SIL, MIL and neighbor all commented on them without even knowing I painted them (auuuuh shuucks...that makes me feel good...thanks ladies!)

The true beauty of this little project is that they were SOOOO easy, SOOOO quick, and SOOOO cheap to create.
 
Pretty little chargers for my sweet little plates...will share the entire tablescape later this week!


Hoppy Easter to you all!
He is Risen!

Smiles!

Linking to:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jami~

Your chargers turned out wonderfully festive!! Thanks for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

Drop By The Tattered Tag

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails