Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cheesecake with Valentine Banner

This is the Peach Tree Tea Room in Fredricksburg's Famous Cheesecake Recipe topped with stabilized whipped cream I made for a client.  She gave it to her "Quiet Cupid" for Valentine's Day.

To "valentine" it up...added the heart banner...

Sweet!

Would you like to make your own?
Here's the delicious recipe from the Peach Tree Tea Room Cookbook.

Crust:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup melted butter

Mix the crust ingredients thoroughly and press into the bottom of a well-buttered 9" to 10" springform pan.  Bake 15 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven.  Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 300 degrees.

Filling:
32 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla (I use vanilla paste)
4 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk

1. Using an electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese with brown sugar until well blended.
2.  Add flour, vanilla, and the eggs -- one at a time, blending well after each.
3.  Gradually add evaporated milk.  Scrape down sides of bowl frequently and remix until no lumps remain.  Pour into greased pan.
4.  Bake 1 hour at 300 degrees.  Turn off oven and let the cake cool in the oven with the door closed for several hours or overnight.  Refrigerate.

Serves 14 - 16

I highly recommend the Peach Tree Tea Room Cookbook as well as a visit to the actual tea room in Fredricksburg, Texas.  Sadly, Cynthia Pedregon, the wonderful woman behind the Peach Tree passed away this month.  She has had a huge influence on me as I often turn to her cookbooks for trusted recipes and inspiration.  Good luck to Tina as she continues the legacy of her mother.


Smiles!

May share this pretty little cheesecake with some of the parties in the side bar=>

5 comments:

Maria said...

Awww how sweet! I love the banner! It makes it look just that little extra special!

Nancy @ Life: Designed said...

I was just thinking the other day that it's been a while since I made a cheesecake! Thanks for sharing! I just might have to make one soon! =)

Adams Smith said...

This is fabulous! Just created camping outdoors programs last night, and I will be doing ALL of these factors before we go. Thank you!!
Photo mugs

Anonymous said...

The banner is so darling and you can't beat a better dessert than cheesecake for me!!!!

Unknown said...

Delicious!!! Oh my goodness...looks so GREAT! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity! I can't wait to see what you link up at my party tomorrow! I'm your newest folower...you're so inspiring!

XO, Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails