Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, February 6, 2012

French Macarons

Have you made French Macarons before?
They can be tempermental little suckers, huh?
You can Google 'french macaron recipe' and get lots of different recipes.
One day you make a batch and they are perfect...the next day, same recipe, and blah!Lucky for me I came across a gal that did all of the "dirty" work on French Macarons.  I mean, this gal did an xy graph and everything! 
 Go check her out at Not So Humble Pie.


So I started with her French Macaron recipe HERE.
The only thing I added was about a 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste.
They were yummy, though they did begin to brown.
I filled them with a Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream sprinkled with sea salt flakes.
To make the Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream, I made my Swiss Meringue Buttercream and mixed it with caramel sauce...easy peasy!
So, so good...really.  Better than what you can imagine.

Because I couldn't just stop with one batch, I made another batch the next day.  This time I used her second French Macaron Recipe found HERE.
Seemed to perform just as well. (I added some pink food coloring gel to these just to see how it would look.)   This second batch was baked at a lower temperature and double pans in hopes of preventing the browning on the bottom.  This definitely worked much better, but I did notice I let one batch start to brown a little on top.  Next time I'll won't take my eyes off of them after 10 minutes...who cares if the kids are hungry...let them get their own lunch! ;-)


The pink ones were filled with more Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
With some of the buttercream I added some cherry preserves and kirsch.
Good, but think I'd like to work with that a little more.
I also put some raspberry preserves on one to test it out...mmmm, good!
Seedless red raspberry preserves would be best, but didn't have that on hand.

My venture into French Macarons isn't over yet, so bear with me.
Because they have a tendancy to be unreliable, not sure if these are something I might offer to clients.  We'll see!  If you haven't tried your hand at making these delicate little treats yet, definitely give them a try!  They are srumdeleeicious!

Smiles!

May link up these sweet French Macarons to the fun parties in my side bar=>

7 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

I've never had one but they look yummy.

Holly

laxsupermom said...

Mmmmm... I love macarons! Mine never come out as pretty with the perfect "foot" and smooth tops, but they're still delicious. Thanks for sharing.

TSRay said...

I was so sceptical but they were wonderful! I can't wait to sample more:).

Nikki said...

These look delicious and this will be tried! I found you at "Making the World cuter".

Maria said...

Your macarons look BEAUTIFUL! I love macarons, and occasionally get some from Laduree in NYC, but have always wanted to try making them! They look so intimidating, but I'll try following the recipe you posted the link for! Thanks!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

I've never had one, but they look beautiful! I bet they taste great too!

shabbygals said...

These look delish! I am a little nervous to try to bake these.....I have seen recipes, but they sound like tempermental buggers...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails