Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Felt Pumpkin People

Surprise!  I found another amazing craft on MarthaStewart.com
 Click here for some Martha craft inspiration.  
The original creations are by Jennifer Murphy.  She makes the most amazing stuffed animals and now ceramics.  You will be inspired by her beautiful site.

This is my first attempt at a Felt Pumpkin Person using most of the directions provided on Martha's website.  Click here to try it yourself.
If you've reviewed the tutorial provided by Martha, you'll see there are a few differences (besides the quality...aren't Jennifer's amazing!)  First, I couldn't find velvet leaves at my handy dandy Hobby Lobby.  Just used the ones they had in the bridal section.  Also, I had lots of  polyester stuffing.  I took a look around HL for the wood shavings filler, but couldn't find any. That really worked out best because I need to use what I have.
For some reason, my felt circles are two different sizes, but look the same stuffed.  I'll make some adjustments next time.  (which will probably be later today!)
I have my orange felt soaking in my left over morning coffee as we speak.  Another idea I'm going to try is giving that little leaf some glitter.  Stay tuned!
BWS tips button







Get Your Craft On Tuesday
SYS Thurs
Follow Me on Pinterest

17 comments:

KimMalk said...

When I saw your title, I clicked right over here. I have a seasonal felt project I'm working on. I think yours are cuter than the one's on Martha's site. You did a great job.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

These are really cute! Great job!!!


heather

Joan said...

These are just cute as a button! I need to find the how-to"s.

Jocelyn said...

Very cute:-) I too made these one year! so fun to do!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Aw,very cute!

Anonymous said...

I need another stormy night so I can sit inside and make these!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Those turned out adorable!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I love it! I actually think you are very talented and this is cute!
Following your cute blog back :)
I am getting exited for fall...Great post :)
XO

Vanessa said...

Thanks for sharing, I love Halloween crafts and these are super cute!

Terrell said...

So creative!! I need some for my craft show table! :D I am so happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I would also like to invite you to my link party every Friday-Monday..so be sure to pop over with your wonderful creations! Hope to see you there!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

MBC Scrapbooking said...

What a cute idea! I'm so pumped to make my autumn crafts this year:)
Following you also:)

Memories by Christine scrapbooking
http://mbcscrapbooking.blogspot.comLink up your projects every Thursday!
Make your baby album with MBC! Workshop begins September 13

ANKH said...

That is so cute!
I am gonna link to you on my blog!

henthornehandmade.blogspot.com

Feel free to join the contest, too! :)

Megan Gunyan said...

ohmygosh, these are the cutest things I've ever seen! THANK YOU for sharing them on my Friday link party! See you next week!

Katie said...

Those are darling! I really need to learn how to make things like that, I'm just usually lazy about ordering the wool to do it.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I would love for you to link it to my pumpkin link party! http://alittlemoore.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/pumpkinparty/p

Megan Gunyan said...

This was so cute, I had to feature it on my blog! I hope you can stop by and grab a featured button! Have a wonderful night.
alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Jenni Swenson said...

I love anything made with felt... beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails