Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Friday, August 20, 2010

Pool Party Invite

Last week I guest posted over at Sugar Bee...just in case you didn't get there to see it, here is the replay...
The finished invitation...just in case you aren't interested in how its done...
To make the invitations as shown, you'll need:
fold-over note cards
large oval punch or oval cutting system
blue vellum
pinking shears
tacky glue
a printer
embellishments

First I printed out the invitations on the inside of the foldover notes (they're on sale right now at our Hobby Lobby.)
I tried to my best to center it, but its a little off.  It's ok, I just need to be sure I note that when cutting the oval on the other side.
Using my trusty Creative Memories cutting system, I cut an oval on the front of the fold over note.  This is the window that the invite information will show through.
Next, I measured the blue vellum, then used scalloped pinking shears and made the decorative edge.
I attached the vellum with tacky glue just around the edges.
Then I attached the top of the card to the bottom.
To finish it off, I simply added some embellishments I created from my Cricut.
(I just realized I forgot to add the rhinestones for air bubbles coming out of the fish's mouth...oh well.)
These are quick,easy and inexpensive invitations for your next pool or beach party.
Smiles!
Jami

Linking up to these fun parties:

7 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE your invitation. The vellum is a fantastic touch. I bet it was a hit!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Diane said...

OMGosh, that is the cutest invitation. Turned out great.

Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie and leaving a nice comment. Drop by again anytime.

Unknown said...

that is super cute!!!! your cakes are ridiculous! works of art, seriously!

~selina

Something Special said...

Your invitation is very creative and clever. Come check out my new Fall Intigues Basket Swap that is in the works.

Unknown said...

this is awesome :) come on over and link up to MMM!

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

ummm, how AMAZING are YOU?!? This is adorable :) I'm glad you stopped by my blog because I'm loving all of your fun crafts/recipes. Happy Wednesday to you!

~Sarah

Roo {NiceGirlNotes} said...

These are soooOOOooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails