Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Mom's Prayer on the First Day (and every day) of School

We took Haden to his first day of school.  He eagerly went inside, got set up and started on his first activity.  We are so thankful for his teacher, Mrs. Stanton...she's a good Aggie which equals good person in my book!


As soon as we got back home, I started picking up and thinking about the projects I could accomplish while I have a little free time.  While sorting through a pile on my craft table, I came across this prayer.  (Isn't God good?)  The sweet teachers/directors at Sonshine Academy shared this with the parents one year...now I'm sharing it with you.

Here we are again, Lord.  Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunch accounts are full.  And I know you'll walk with them, Lord.  You always do.  But a mom still has to ask.  Will You walk with them?  Will You whisper to them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it?  Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only You can give, and will You keep harm far away?  Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn?  Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them?  Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and wisdom and creativity and even more patience?  Will You bless them for their efforts?  Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone?  Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from them?  Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can?  Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care.  Amen.

Praying you and your family have a wonderful and blessed school year.

Smiles!

3 comments:

Amy said...

love this prayer.
would you mind if I used it in a post and linked back to you?
Amy@NewNostalgia

Amber D said...

What more could you ask than a mom who prays for you?

Blessings

Amber

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi! Dropped by from Becolorful to say how cute your candy pencils are and found this post. Thanks so much for sharing! This really blessed me. I've copied it to save and maybe share with other Moms.
Thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails