Galations 5:22

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Galations 5:22

Looking for the TUESDAY TO DO PARTY?

The Blackberry Vine
CLICK PICTURES FOR CURRENT PARTY

Monday, August 30, 2010

Meet Will

Photography is another hobby I enjoy.  It took me awhile to make the change from film SLR to digital SLR, but now I love it!  So does my husband as I can take TONS of photos without the cost of developing them all!

Besides my children, my next favorite subjects are my dad's longhorns (Will is the little baby on the left in photo below,) my brother's cattle and MY rooster, Jeff (technically he lives at brother's ranch, but other than that, he's mine.)

The shots below are of Will, one of a pair of  about 2 year old steers that live with my parents.  (They were a gift from my brother.)
Mom refers to them as "yard art," but Dad wanted them for a purpose.  He enjoys participating in Texas Historical Reenactments like the Battle of San Jacinto.  One day he hopes to have them pull a cart at one of those.  If it happens, you'll be some of the first to know as these steers are a lot more like a couple of Golden Retrievers than draft animals.

  Anyway...here's Will.  The top photo is one of my favorites of him.  I really like the setting sun lighting his ears and horns through the pines.  It's also interesting to see how their horns change as they grow.  The first photo was taken in March and the bottom photo was taken in August.  In the August photo you can see how they're starting to point up and out.  Can't wait to see what he looks like a few years from now.

WILL ~ MARCH
WILL ~ AUGUST

What do you love to photograph?

2 comments:

More Entertaining Women said...

Oh, I love this. I miss being out in the country with the cows and horses and chickens. Haven't gotten to do that for a long, long time. None of my family ever had Long Horns, but they are so beautiful. And, I love your rooster, Jeff! And, who is the other "little baby" with your brother? Beautiful photography, Jami.

Lindy said...

I would love to live on a real farm with real big animals. I do have chickens and I enjoy them very much!
Loved you picture and enjoyed your post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails